How to authenticate Chanel, Birkin and Kelly bags?
When you're looking to purchase a designer item, it's important to do the leg work and properly authenticate it. Fake items often times appear nearly identical to the genuine article, so taking precautionary steps is essential. Here's some useful advice for confirming the legitimacy of Chanel, Hermes Birkin, or Kelly bags:
Why Authenticating your Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly Bags is Important
Verifying the authenticity of designer items can be challenging, but with a few simple steps you can safeguard yourself from purchasing a counterfeit. This guide outlines helpful tips and tricks to confirm the legitimacy of Chanel, Hermes Birkin, or Kelly bags. Educate yourself on the various authentication processes so that you can make informed decisions and purchase only genuine luxury products.
First, take a close look at the stitching. Authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly bags are made with high-quality stitching that is perfectly even. If the stitching is sloppy or uneven, it's likely that the bag is a fake.
It's important to examine the hardware on luxury handbags. Authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin and Kelly bags feature high-quality metal hardware, so it's best to avoid any item with cheaply-made hardware as it's likely fake.
When evaluating a potential handbag purchase, it's essential to inspect the construction in order to determine the quality. Genuine Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly bags are renowned for their superior craftsmanship and attention to detail. If the manufacture of a bag appears to be lacking in its precision or haste is observed, it's unlikely that the product is genuine.
The Different Aspects of Authentication
When authenticating a Chanel, Hermes Birkin, or Kelly bag, there are several key aspects to look at. Here is an overview of the different aspects you should examine when authenticating these bags:
- Logo: Make sure the logo is correct. Authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly bags have distinct logos, and they should be consistent throughout the entire bag.
- Materials: The materials of an authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, or Kelly bag will be of premium quality. The leather should be soft and supple, and the stitching should be even and tightly woven.
- Hardware: Authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly bags feature hardware made from high-quality metals. The hardware should be free of defects and have a high-gloss finish.
- Construction: The overall construction of an authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, or Kelly bag should be impeccable. There should be no signs of sloppy workmanship or inferior materials.
- Serial Numbers: Authentic Chanel, Hermes Birkin, and Kelly bags should include a serial number. This is usually located on the inside of the bag and should match the authenticity card.
Step-by-Step Hermes Authentication
Authenticating a Hermes bag requires more than just a visual inspection. To be sure the bag is an authentic Hermes item, a step-by-step process should be followed.
1. Verify the Logo: Examine the emblem on the bag. Normally, genuine Hermes satchels will have the signature “H” logo..
2. Examine the Materials: Examine the materials used in the bag. Authentic Hermes bags feature high-quality fabrics, leather, hardware, and hardware finishes.
3. Inspect the Construction: Look closely at the construction of the bag. Authentic Hermes bags should have impeccable construction, with no signs of sloppy workmanship or inferior materials.
4. Verifying authentication of a Hermes bag? Check for the presence of a serial number. It should be stamped or embossed inside the bag, and the value should match that of your accompanying authenticity card. Keep this in mind when buying online or from an individual seller.
5. Obtain the Bag’s Certificate of Authenticity: Obtain the bag’s certificate of authenticity from an accredited professional. This certificate should be a reliable indicator of the bag being an authentic Hermes item.
Step-by-Step Chanel Authentication
Authenticating a Chanel also requires an in-depth inspection. However, there are few steps that are specific to Chanel bags that should be considered.
1. Check the Logo: Inspect the logo on the bag. Authentic Chanel bags feature the iconic “double C” logo.
2. Examine the Materials: Examine the materials used in the bag. Authentic Chanel bags feature top-grade leathers, high-quality fabrics and hardware.
3. Inspect the Stitching: Look closely at the stitching of the bag. Authentic Chanel bags should feature uniformity in the stitch types and colour, with no signs of sloppy workmanship or inferior materials.
4. Look for Serial Numbers: Authentic Chanel bags typically feature a serial number stamped or embossed inside the back flap, or on the outer or inner pockets.
5. Obtain the Bag’s Certificate of Authenticity: Obtain the bag’s certificate of authenticity from an accredited professional. In some cases, the bag may come with a white tag fastened in one of the front pockets. This label should have a serial number that matches the one stamped into the bag and be signed by a Chanel representative.
How to Tell if a Kelly Bag is Fake